So Simple Oil-Free Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup
This soup is so epic - not only because it tastes so smoothly amazing, but also because it contains all the nutrition of just 2 whole food ingredients and is so easy to slap together and press the button on your instant Pot. I'm forever grateful to my vegan friend, Becky Boyle, who taught me how to make this soup and is allowing me to publish her simple recipe. Mine, pictured, gets its beautiful golden hue from curry powder (which you can omit).
PRINTABLE RECIPE HERE:
Vegan Cooking Level: Beginner With an Instant Pot
1/2 head of broccoli including all the stalks, chopped into 2-inch pieces
5 medium potatoes, skin on, quartered (I used Yukon Gold)
Save the other half to steam and add later
1. Add the 2 ingredients to the Instant Pot.
2. Fill to the line of the vegetables (not over) with filtered water
3. Add any spice profile you like. I added 1 tsp. of each: curry, garlic powder, onion powder, salt & pepper, nutritional yeast...that's why my soup is yellow-ish.
4. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and push the tab in the "sealed" position. Press the "manual" button and set the machine to 15. When it's finished, allow for a natural pressure release and when cooled enough, remove the lid.
5. Use an immersion blender to blend to the desired texture from chunky to all the way creamy like mine.
I added a spicy hit of smoked Paprika to the top of mine before eating my bowl!